Ovoid concrete pipes are produced and tested in accordance with the relevant provisions of BS EN1916:2002/BS5911-1:2002 Class 150 including dimensional tolerances, crushing, hydrostatic, water absorption and joint tests.
The ovoid pipe has better velocity characteristics at low flows than equivalent circular pipes, which provides:
- Lower operating costs, where some sewers may be laid without the need for pumping.
- Better self cleansing and therefore less risk of siltation and blockage.
- Reduced costs of trench excavation resulting from shallower gradients.
- The 600×900 & 800×1200 ovoid pipes are supplied with two lift anchors cast in the top for use with ‘Flexilift’ lifting/jointing system.
- ‘C’ hook available for lifting/jointing 400×600 ovoids.
- Lifting/jointing equipment can be supplied on request.
- Short lengths of either spigot/socket butt pipes can be supplied for building into the manhole wall for the 600×900 and 800×1200 ovoids and are 1250mm long and 625mm long for the 400×600 pipe.
- Junctions can be fitted and can be made from drainage material other than concrete.
Cross section of ovoid pipe 600 x 900 and 800 x1200
Cross section of ovoid pipe (400×600)
External dimensions – barrel 770 socket 840
Ovoid pipe 400×600
Standard form 1 ovoid
(400mm x 600mm R= 200mm)
(600mm x 900mm R=300mm)
(800mm x 1200mm R=400mm)
‘C’ hook for lifting and joining
For sales into England and Wales please call 01179 814500 or email [email protected]
For sales into Scotland please call 01698 386922 or email [email protected]